This craft is great for little hands. A very fun alternative for toddlers not yet ready to smash cascarones (confetti eggs).
- tissue paper
- string/bakers twine
- adhesive glue strips or glue work
- masking tape
- scissors and a piercing tool
- Piñata stuffing: candy, confetti, ect.
- Tie a piece of ribbon with a piece of twine this will be used as the pull and hanging piece of your piñata.
- Adults: Gently pierce a hole at the top of your hollow shell. the whole should be a little smaller than a pea big enough to pass ribbon through.
- pull the ribbons through the holes.
- Gently flip your egg upside to the bigger hole and fill with what your heart desires.
- Using masking tape tape the bottom closed so your treats don’t fall out Remember to keep the string through the closing.
- cut your tissue paper at least 1 in wide length will vary. fold in half and fray the end without the fold.
- make multiple strips of frayed ends in various colors.
- Adhere to the egg starting at the bottom where the bigger whole closed with masking tape is. Frays should face the tape. Layer as much as you desire until you reach the top.
by clicking the image below.