Disclosure: I worked together with the California Raisin Marketing Board to create this recipe and was compensated for my time. The opinions below are mine and mine alone and do not represent those of the California Raisin Marketing Board.
As the year begins I look forward to making the family more homemade treats, like my raisin tarts and raisin corn baked donuts. I enjoy seeing my kid’s faces when I bake something new. This year i’ve challenged to cook more meals and know exactly what i’m feeding my family.
Did you know?
California Raisins are naturally sweet. Their nutrition label states: Zero fat, no cholesterol and no added sugar. Plus, raisins offer 9% of your daily fiber and potassium, and 6% of your daily iron (per quarter cup serving).
Including California Raisins in meals and treats make me feel good about what i’m feeding my family because they are an all-natural, dried-by-the-sun fruit. You can make these delicious baked donuts too!
Raisin Corn Baked Donuts
Prepare your donut pan by spraying with cooking spray and adding your donut batter to a plastic zip bag.
Cut the bag and pipe it into the pan. You should fill it up to 2/3 these baked donuts rise slightly.
Honey Cinnamon Glaze
Over medium heat, melt your butter, add the honey and cinnamon once butter is melted and stir constantly. Bring to low heat and let it come up to a bubble and stir again. Once you get a syrup consistency remove from heat and into a dish to dip and glaze your donuts.
TIP: move fast once your glaze is removed from heat the glaze will harden to a caramel consistency if you leave it too cool too long.
Make a batch for the family or gift these to friends! We are sure they will enjoy!
Learn more about using California Raisins
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 2 tbs sugar
- 3/4tsp baking soda
- 3/4tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp corn oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- For Glaze
- 3 tbs honey
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- Mix the corn meal, corn flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix apple sauce, vanilla, buttermilk and oil.
- Whisk the liquids into the dry ingredients
- Gently fold in the raisins.
- Prepare your donut pan by spraying with cooking spray
- Adding your donut batter to a plastic zip bag to easily fill pan
- Cut the bag and pipe it into the pan up to 2/3 these baked donuts rise slightly.
- Bake at 425F for 8-10mins or until nice and golden.
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool.
- Honey Cinnamon Glaze- Over medium heat, melt butter in a pot
- Add honey and cinnamon stir constantly.
- Bring to low heat and let it come up to a bubble
- Stir constantly until a syrup consistency
- Remove from heat into a dish to dip and glaze your donuts.
- TIP: move fast once glaze is removed from heat the glaze will harden to a caramel consistency if left to cool.