Disclosure: This is a sponsored post as a participant in the Walmart Moms Program.
February is National Potato lover’s month so i’ve recreated Country Crocks Creamy Mashed Potatoes with a little twist! The hubs love beef chorizo! You’d think he’d grown up eating chorizo for breakfast his entire childhood. He once asked me “What else can you add chorizo to?” My immediate response “EVERYTHING” One of my favorite tacos is chorizo con papa, that’s chorizo with potatoes so it’s not surprise that one day i’d add some chorizo to our mash!
How to make Beef Chorizo Mashed Potatoes
The ingredients are simple for Chorizo Mashed Potatoes and can be found at your local Walmart! For starters you need a few medium sized potatoes. You don’t have to peel them but you will have to cube them! You will also need Country Crock spread, milk, salt and pepper. This is the base Country Crock uses for a delicious creamy mash! Trust you’ll want to try it just like this if you haven’t but the best part is this is the perfect foundation for our savory chorizo and cheese. I use beef chorizo and mild cheddar cheese
- 3 medium potatoes, cubed
- ¼ cup Country Crock® Spread
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 5oz Beef Chorizo (1/2 cup cooked)
- 1/4 cup mild cheddar cheese
- pinch of parsley flakes to garnish
- Cover potatoes with water in 2-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered 15 minutes or until potatoes are very tender; drain.
- Return potatoes to a dish; mash
- Add Country Crock® for a creamy, buttery taste.
- Add milk, salt and pepper.
- Mix in chorizo until well combined
- Place in oven safe dish sprinkle cheddar cheese
- Cook at 350F for about 10mins or until cheese is melted
- Garnish with parsley flakes and serve.
Cook your chorizo well while your potatoes are being boiled. Once the potatoes are boiled, tender, and drained it’s time to get them creamy. Add your butter before you mash as it will start to melt because your potatoes will be nice and hot! YUM!
Next add your milk and salt and pepper and gently mash it into your potatoes.
Mix in your cooked chorizo until well combined.
Add to a dish and cook at 350F for about 10mins or until cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley flakes and Serve!
These chorizo mashed potatoes will be loved by the whole family. They’re creamy, savory and have a delicious bold flavor! The best part? You can never add too much butter, chorizo or cheese!
How do you like your mashed potatoes?
Pin our Chorizo Mashed Potatoes for later!