Disclosure: This is a sponsored post as a participant in the Walmart Moms Program.
A few months ago I had the opportunity to not only visit Frito-Lay USA Headquarters but also I was invited for a super exciting opportunity as a Wal-Mart Mom! As you may have seen me share already on our social channels, The Do Us A Flavor contest is back! I had the chance to share my own flavor for chips to inspire you and others to submit your own chip flavor!
I was so excited to enter The Frito-Lay Flavor Kitchen because the cameras were already set and my hair and make-up were done! We had a quick chat with one of the Chef’s who works on helping to create these delicious chip flavors we love, Chef Jody. The whole team was amazing and made our experience one to remember!
As I got ready to shoot I got a little nervous but I was ready to share one of my husband’s favorite food recipes. This recipe also happens to be authentic to where he’s from Newark, NJ.
You know, living in NJ has allowed me to try new things and even adapt better to the state since moving away from everything I’ve ever known in California. The hubs did well when he took me on our first visit to eat authentic Italian-Style Hotdogs. I fell in love with them not only because they’re delicious but because they are a piece of what the hubs grew up eating. The flavors, the way you build, and the way eat an Italian-style hot dog is one of a kind. Soon NJ became home and our kids love them just as much. This is home now.
So I am so excited to share my video for Italian-Style Hotdogs:
Create the next great LAY’S® potato chip flavor!
What do you think, pretty delicious right? So now it’s your turn, what foods and flavors inspire you? Submit your flavors to Do Us A Flavor contest to have an opportunity to make your chips a reality and win the contest!
Be sure to head on over to www.walmart.com/dousaflavor to learn more about Do Us A Flavor and to see the other Wal-Mart Mom’s and Chef Jody’s inspired flavor videos!
UPDATE: Recipe below!
- 3 Italian round rolls
- 6 Thin Beef hot dogs
- 1 large onion yellow or white sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 3 brown potatoes
- Vegetable oil
- to taste
- black pepper
- Cut potatoes into rounds about no thicker than ¼ of an inch
- In a pan add enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of pan
- Fry the potatoes until crisp
- Using the oil left from potatoes add the onion and green pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste mix around and cover for about 15 minutes cooking at medium heat
- Add the hot dogs in with the onion and green pepper and cook at medium low
- Cook until onion is translucent and hot dog has a nice brown
- Cut round roll in half over the top NOT through the sides(bagel style)
- Remove some of the filling
- Add hot dogs, potatoes and onion + green pepper
- Top with ketchup and yellow mustard