This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The Hillshire Brands Company. All opinions are entirely my own.
This year our family is hosting friends in our new little place. We are really making the best of the holidays by making it a memorable time together! I want to take our holidays from good to great so I am menu planning, thinking make ahead dishes and my new favorite semi-homemade!
The Hubs is great at helping out in the kitchen. He takes care of the main course. I enjoy making savory and sweet sides and desserts. Some are themed and some are just perfect for the season. But to save myself time and money I’m shopping at Walmart, where I can pick up all my holiday essentials from meal ingredients, home décor, and other holiday goodies! The best part is being able to make the holidays memorable with little effort and great savings!
I picked up a few pies for the holidays. Walmart has all our favorite Sara Lee® Pies in the frozen section and pumpkin continues to be everyone’s favorite! To make things a little different, I wanted to share a new twist to the classic Sara Lee Oven Fresh Pumpkin Pie!
With a few ingredients and a few make ahead steps you can wow the crowd with this Caramel Whipped Cream Pumpkin Pie!
- 1 Frozen Sara Lee Oven Fresh Pumpkin Pie
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese
- 1 8oz tub of whip topping
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 6 Tbs of salted butter
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- Bake a Sara Lee pumpkin pie according to directions and allow it to cool
- For the whipped cream layer, in a bowl, mix the cream cheese and sugar until soft and creamy. Add the whip topping until combined. Be sure not to over mix.
- For the caramel, in a saucepan, add the sugar and cook at medium heat. Stir continuously. Once the sugar is melted and browned, turn off the heat and add the butter. Stir continuously and add the heavy cream. Remove from saucepan into a dish to cool.
- Once the pie is cool, layer the whipped cream layer as desired and drizzle with caramel.
- Find affordable ingredients @Walmart with their Great Value label!
This Caramel Whipped Cream Pumpkin Pie is perfect for the holidays. It’s brought joy to my family and really took our holidays from good to great by allowing me to make ahead dessert and serve our favorite Sara Lee pie with a new twist!
How are you taking your holidays from good to great?
Share with us by tweeting or sharing a photo using #Joy2theMeal
Find other great recipes for the holidays at joytothemeal.com
Pin this Semi-Homemade pie to your holiday boards