It’s Challenge time! I made a Summer Delight Dessert Pizza. I’m participating in Cacique’s Cook-Off Challenge! I was given 10 ingredients to make some deliciousness and that’s exactly what I did. I created a dessert pizza using Cacique Yogurt Smoothie in Piña Colada and Cacique Crema Mexican. This Summer I’m spoiling the family with Desserts!
Summer Delight Dessert Pizza with Cacique Crema and Yogurt
I wanted to share how Cacique products especially Cacique Crema Mexicana are versatile and perfect for traditional dishes but also my favorite desserts. Remember my Blue Berry Queso Fresco Crumble Cake? Ya, delicious! Now you must try my Dessert Pizza.You can make-ahead this pizza sauce and use it as a dip too!
Let’s make Dessert Pizza
I had 10 ingredients to use for my Cacique Cook-Off Challenge and I used all 10!
- 1/4 cup Cacique Crema Mexicana
- 1/2 cup Cacique Yogurt Smoothie in Piña Colada
- 2.5 cups Mini Marshmallows
- 2-3 tbs Shredded Coconut- Sweetened
- 1/3 cup Cinnamon Toast Cereal
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Roasted Salted Pepitas
- 1 can of Pizza Dough - thin crust
- Dulce de Leche
- Dried Cranberries
- In a pan add Cacique Crema Mexicana, Cacique Yogurt Smoothie and Marshmallows. You want to cook on medium low and stir continuously until Marshmallows melt.
- Turn off heat and continue to stir until you are left with a thick glaze consistency.
- Remove from pan and let it cool in a bowl.The sauce will cool to a frosting consistency mix in shredded coconut (2tbs) and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a food processor pulse Cereal and Brown Sugar until a grainy sugar consistency.
- Place mixture in a pan at medium low heat and add the Roasted pepitas.
- Mix until sugar is melted and combined with pepitas. Be careful not to burn the sugar.
- Remove from heat and place on a plate to cool. If it hardens together break apart. Store until ready to use.
- Place Pizza dough on a cookie sheet and cook pizza crust as directed in packaging. (Mine cooked at 425F degrees for 10 minutes be sure to poke holes so it doesn't bubble)
- Remove from oven and pan and let it cool.
- Once crust is cool, Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle with remainder of shredded coconut.
- Top with Dried Cranberries and Candied Pepitas.
- Finish it off with a drizzle of Dulce de Leche.
- Tip: Both the Pizza Sauce and Candied Pepitas can be made ahead.
Make-Ahead Pizza Sauce
Making this sauce was easy and done in less than 10 minutes. At medium-low heat, Cacique Crema Mexicana and Cacique Yogurt Smoothie combine perfectly. The marshmallows help thicken the consistency.
Once the marshmallows were soft, I turned off the heat and continued to mix until they had melted into a sauce.
Sprinkle as much or as little shredded coconut to the sauce. I added about 2tbs into the sauce. I allowed it to cool and stored in the refrigerator until I was ready to use.
I loved making these pepitas. They add the perfect amount of crunch, sugar, salt, and texture to every pizza bite.
After pulsing the cinnamon toast cereal and brown sugar, I cooked it on medium-low heat with the roasted salted pepitas. I allowed the mixture to melt and quickly removed from heat to let it cool.
The result is much like a granola mix. It’s perfect to snack on and use to top on this dessert pizza. You can also make these ahead of time and store until ready to use.
Bake a Dessert Pizza Crust
I used a can of pizza dough. I went for a thin crust because this is dessert after all. It’s the perfect thickness for this dessert pizza. Be sure to bake according to the directions on the packaging. Pierce with a fork to prevent bubbling and bake.
My crust baked at 425F degrees for 10 minutes. I removed from over and pan to allow it to cool.
How to Make a Summer Delight Dessert Pizza
Spread a thin layer of your delicious Pizza Sauce made with Cacique products. Sprinkle some additional shredded coconut to give the illusion of cheese. YUM!
Next, sprinkle dried cranberries and the candied pepitas. Add as much or as little as you’d like.
Last, drizzle with some Dulce de Leche. Is your mouth watering yet? Add as much as your heart desires.
Slice and serve to enjoy with the family! My little family loved this dessert. Dessert Pizza for the win!
TIP: Save time making this dessert with no-bake pre-made pizza crust. They’re perfect for little hands too. Remember the sauce and toppings can all be made ahead of time. I have some leftover so I’ll be spoiling the family later with this treat!
Find more delicious recipes using Cacique products like their extensive line of Mexican Style Cheeses, Cremas, Chorizos, and Yogurt Smoothies at Caciqueinc.com!