This past weekend our family went to our local farm to pick strawberries. It’s something we try to do every year. This year we came home with two baskets of freshly picked strawberries and I made sure to make agua fresca the milky kind for the whole family.
The ingredients are simple and you may have all of them already.
- 2 small baskets (appx. 4 cups) of strawberries
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1 can (4oz) sweetened Condensed milk
- 3 cups of milk
- 6 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of additional sugar if not sweet enough
- Clean and remove stems off strawberries.
- In a blender, add milk, condensed milk, strawberries, and sugar.
- After well blended, strain strawberry milk mixture to remove seeds.
- In a pitcher, add water and strawberry milk mixture and mix well.
- Serve over ice and enjoy!
- Strawberries aren't always sweet. You may need to add additional sugar. Taste the Agua once made before pouring over ice. If it's still too tangy add an additional 1/4 cup of sugar and mix well. Give it a taste and serve over ice.
In a blender is where most of the magic happens. I like to keep my blender running to make sure I get everything mixed and liquefied.
Straining is optional. I don’t like getting a mouth full of seeds so I make sure to strain them before finishing up my agua fresca.
You’ll end up getting close to 6 cups of Strawberry goodness to that you add the same amount, 6 cups of water, and mix together by hand. I like to give it a taste after mixing with the water to ensure it’s sweet. Depending on your strawberries sweetness, you’ll know if you need more sugar.
Be sure to give it a good mix every time before serving. Pour over ice and enjoy!What are your favorite agua frescas? Click To Tweet