Disclosure: I worked together with the California Raisin Marketing Board to create this recipe and was compensated for my time. The opinions below are mine and mine alone and do not represent those of the California Raisin Marketing Board.#DulcesPasas
This holiday season, I served up some pretty amazing treats for our family and friends. Many were new treats and even better, low in sugar. I had my family test out desserts for our holiday gathering. Can you believe they all chose the treat with the less amount of sugar? My Almond Raisin mini tarts were a huge success and i’ll be handing more out to ring in the new year! These mini tarts are a new holiday favorite!
My not so secret ingredient is using California Raisins because they are an all-natural, dried-by-the-sun fruit. It feels good to add this ingredients to my holiday treats and even better having my family feast on them.The ingredients alone show how simple and easy it is to make this treat and it’s evident that raisins were the star in this mini tart!
Ingredients for Almond Raisin Mini Tarts
Almond Raisin Mini Tarts Ingredients include raisins, almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon, butter, 1 egg, vanilla extract,pre-made crust/or make your own, and honey to drizzle after baking is this is optional.
Making Almond Raisin Mini Tarts
Then it’s time to enjoy. Consider giving these treats out it’s still the holiday season . These make a great start for change on sweets for the new year.
Remember California Raisins are naturally sweet. Their nutrition label tells a great story: zero fat, no cholesterol and no added sugar. Plus, raisins offer 9% of your daily fiber and potassium, and 6% of your daily iron (per quarter cup serving).
Now you can feel great about eating these alone for a snack and in dishes for the holiday for a sweet surprise to family and friends!
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 egg
- 1tbs Vanilla
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- pre-made uncooked pie crust
- Baking Spray
- honey-optional for drizzle after baking
- Cream the butter and sugar
- Mix in the egg, vanilla, and cinnamon
- Once all completley mixed add the raisins
- then add almonds
- Roll out pie crust and using a circular cookie cutter or cup cut out at least 10 circles
- Spray your pan with baking spray
- Into a muffin tin add a circle pie crust and press down
- with a fork, pierce the pie crust to let air escape and prevent bubbling
- Add the mixture of raisins and almonds a heaping spoonful into each
- Bake at 350F for about 20mins or until pie crust is golden brown and filling is no longer liquid.