Are you done shopping? what about wrapping? I have yet to start to put gifts under our tree but at least the shopping is complete and the tree is up merry and bright!
This year I found the hubs and I buy the kids a couple toys with a purpose. I wanted educational and fun while the hubs wanted fun and collectors. We compromised and decided to get the kids a few things they had been asking for. At the time when we shopped we really didn’t care if the kids had been naughty or nice. I think the shopping has just become something we look forward to.
I was sent this info-graph from Walmart’s holiday toy wish list survey and I have to admit the hubs and I agree those are pretty accurate.
Check it out below:
Walmart –America’s largest seller of toys – surveyed Hispanic parents to ask them about their opinions on holiday toys.*
Kids Rule the Holiday Season· Kids are the top priority when it comes to parents’ gift giving with 91 percent of Hispanic parents agreeing that, in their families, it is more important that they buy toys for kids versus buying gifts for the adults in the family.
They’re Making Their Lists!
· Hispanic parents’ toy shopping lists are likely to also include dolls, action figures and arts and crafts toys.
But Do Parents Care Who’s Naughty or Nice?
· Over 60 percent of Hispanic parents buy the same amount toys regardless of how their child has behaved over the year.
Nagging Really Does Work
· Close to 40 percent of Hispanic parents agree nagging is the most persuasive technique that Hispanic kids use to get the toy they want for Christmas.
Waiting for the Big Morning
· Close to half of Hispanic parents (44 percent) always wait to open presents on Christmas Day.
* The survey was conducted by Toluna online in November 2012. The survey captured responses from 500 African-American parents and 500 Hispanic parents. 851 respondents have children between 3 and 11 years old, and remaining 149 respondents have children between 12 and 15 year sold kids.
What do you think of the results?
Have you been naughty or nice? How about a giveaway?
Walmart has provided a $25 gift card
To enter, leave a comment below and your email so we can contact you if you win! That’s it! Good luck!
Giveaway is open to U.S. residents 18 years+ ONLY
Giveaway ends December 21, 2012 12:00pm (noon) EST
Winner will be chosen at random using random.org
Winner will be emailed!
Still haven’t finished shopping for the kids check out our last post with information regarding Walmart’s toyland wish list book ! Walmart Toyland wish List book