Cinco de Mayo has never been celebrated in my family. It really is more of an American Holiday. However in our family now we made it an excuse to have delicious Authentic Mexican Food.
So here I share our families favorite Green Enchiladas Sauce.
My Tia Rosa is known for making this delicious sauce. While mine will never taste as yummy as hers the hubs and kids seem to enjoy it! It is not spicy at all but could def. be made spicy with the more chiles you add.
Easy Homemade Enchiladas Verdes
- 2-3 Chiles Poblanos
- 1/2 cup of Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup of Chicken stock
- 1tbs Knorr Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- Corn Tortillas
- Vegetable Oil
- Shredded Chicken Breast or Cheese for filling
- shredded lettuce
- queso fresco
- sour cream
- Char your chiles over fire or in a pan.
- Once removed from heat set inside a plastic bag
- Let the chiles "sweat" in the bag until they are cooled off
- Clean out the chiles seeds and stem
- Wash off the skin of the chiles quickly
- In a blender add 1 chile about 1/2 a cup of sour cream, 1/4 of chicken stock 1 tablespoon of Knorr chicken flavor
- Blend and then add another chile.
- Check consistency it should be a little runny but still very creamy.
- Add the remaining chiles and blended.
- Fry corn tortillas in oil until they puff up
- Once tortillas are fried add filling a little bit of green sauce and roll
- continue to do this for all your enchiladas
- once all rolled, pour green sauce and garnish with your favorite toppings.
- If your sauce is to runny add a little more sour cream. Blend until you get a green creamy sauce.
1-Char your chiles over fire or in a pan.
2- Once removed from heat set inside a plastic bag
3-Let the chiles “sweat” in the bag until they are cooled off
4-Clean out the chiles seeds and stem
5-Wash off the skin of the chiles quickly
6-Your chiles should look something like this
Making Enchilada Verde sauce con crema
In a blender insert 1 chile about 1/2 a cup of sour cream, 1/4 of chicken stock, and 1 table spoon of knorr chicken flavor
Blend and then add another chile.
Check consistency it should be a little runny but still very creamy. All the chile should be blended. if it’s to runny add a little more sour cream and more flavoring to taste.Blend some more until you get a green creamy sauce. Taste and it should be done!
Proceed to make your enchiladas the way you like. Some fry the tortilla others just heat and roll. This sauce goes great over Chicken enchiladas topped with lettuce, sour cream and queso fresco