It’s Game time season and that means delicious food and fun times with friends and family. As I get our menu together to see some football, I keep in mind small bites and bold flavors. This week I had the family try out a possible new favorite, Blackened Chicken Sliders. While I wish I could say this was all my idea it truly isn’t. This is just one of the delicious recipes by Frito Lay.
Walmart is my one stop shop for all gatherings, including game time needs! When planning your game time menu don’t forget Lay’s chips and Pepsi beverages. And while you’re at it, try these delicious Blackened Chicken Sliders!
Blackened Chicken Sliders for Your Game Time Menu
What I loved about making these sliders were just how simple the ingredients were and what great flavors they brought in a small bite. From Blackening Seasoning to Tabasco with mayo to fresh cut peppers and onion, this recipe is a winner with little prep time for more fun with game time!
- 5 4.8ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/8 cup blackening spice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hawaiian rolls / slider buns
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion
- ½ cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco® Sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Brush the chicken breasts with the oil, season with salt and pepper and dust both sides of the chicken breast with the blackening spice
- Cook the chicken on the grill for 5 to 6 minutes each side to ensure the chicken is properly cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking on the grill, heat a medium sauté pan with 1 tablespoon of canola oil over medium heat to make the garnish.
- Slice the bell peppers and yellow onions.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, sauté the peppers and onions for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Reserve the mixture to the side in the pan so the mixture stays warm.
- In a small mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix thoroughly for 1-2 minutes.
- Lightly butter 4 buns and toast the buns on the grill.
- Once toasted, place the blackened chicken on the bottom bun, top each chicken breast evenly with the onion/bell pepper mixture.
- Follow with the Tabasco® Mayo and the top bun.
- Serve immediately with LAY’S® Classic Potato Chips.
- Use half the amount of the blackening seasoning to season your chicken breasts for a less spicier chicken flavor.
- Toasting buns/rolls is optional
Once you’ve gathered you’re ingredients, Follow directions to season your chicken and cut up all your veggies.
Grill your chicken until fully cooked. I went ahead and grilled it indoors and sprayed our grill with nonstick even though the chicken breasts were seasoned using oil. I also didn’t flip them over until I saw them fully cooked on the sides. Sauté your onions and peppers as directed with a little oil. Don’t forget to salt and pepper for taste!
Assemble as directed or allow your guest to assemble their own sliders with a great table spread. With the bold spicy flavors of our chicken, we assembled them on a sweet hawaiian roll. Serve these with Lay’s Classic potato chips and you are set! Be prepared for your guest to ask for more because these will be a game time hit!
For more delicious recipes to compliment with Lay’s and Pepsi products visit: walmart.com/gametimerecipes find all your ingredients at Walmart the one stop shop for game time needs!
What is your favorite GAME TIME RECIPE?
Check out more delicious Game Time Recipes by my fellow Walmart Moms
Sierra Mist Pound Cake from Mommy’s Kitchen
Walking Tacos from Frugal Upstate
Buffalo Chicken Dip from Lille Punkin’
Pretzel S’mores from Presley’s Pantry
Cheesy BBQ Scoops from Wholesome Mommy
Pin this Quick and Easy Game Time Recipe to your game time board.