I should share that I am NOT a morning person this wasn’t always true but it is very true now that i’ve become a MAMA. I wanted changed and so this year I set out to make 2 things right; own mornings once again and get in the kitchen to make new dishes! I have to tell you it hasn’t been easy and most days I skip breakfast because by the time i’m done getting kids off to school it’s 10mins ’til noon!
Today was different! I woke up at 645am! Got dressed and went straight to the kitchen. I had my heart set on Banana Mama Pancakes because I love banana’s and I love pancakes. I also wanted to try the Infused Strawberry Sauce from Life is Messy Kitchen to go with them! YUM!
The pancakes were easy to make and so moist inside while crisp on the outside. These aren’t your typical pancakes you can definitely taste the difference from the boxed mixed! These babies are homemade!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- Coconut oil, for greasing
- In a bowl, mix almond flour + salt + baking soda + cinnamon + nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, mix bananas + eggs.
- Pour wet + dry ingredients into a blender. Blend for about 30 seconds.
- Heat a skillet. Lightly brush with coconut oil. Pour batter into 4-inch rounds. If too thick, use a spoon to help flatten out the batter.
- Cook + flip until each side is done.
- Remove from heat + stack.
- Top with banana + almond slices. Drizzle with Chocolate Caramel Sauce or Berry Sauce
The strawberry sauce turned more into a berry sauce as I used a mixture of berries in place of the fruits and other ingredients the recipe from Life in the Messy Kitchen called. It was delicious!
- 1/2 cups of mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Add berries and mash leaving some pulp
- Add all ingredients to bowl of mashed berries and mix
- Store in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
- Get the recipe for Infused Strawberry Sauce just as Mayi made it from her book! This is what I used to make my own take on her sauce.
I had a successful morning to say the least and while busy as a bee in the kitchen and getting kids to their school bus on time my belly was full and happy!
So let me share why Mayi’s newly released book is important to my goals. The reason getting up early and getting in the kitchen became goals and priorities is because my healthy lifestyles haven’t been the best. When I would read Mayi’s blog Heartmade Blog she’d always share about her family’s love for smoothies and delicious flavorful snacks that were actually full of nutrients. Life is Messy Kitchen is an opportunity to try new things that encourage happy and clean eating!
With 115 recipes from breakfast options, snacks, and even gluten free, vegan and raw foods it’s an great addition to my continuous journey for a better me! But the best part is Life is Messy Kitchen is super easy to follow with gorgeous pictures and even printables!!!
I invite you to visit Life is Messy Kitchen and learn more about Mayi and the LIMK team!!!