We’ve been firing up the grill all summer long even during the week. There is something about that grilled taste on dishes that just makes them taste so delicious. I recently received a box of goods and knew I had to use the Orange Sauce to make some semi-homemade Sweet and Spicy sauce. So the hubs and I cooked up 5 Ingredient Grilled Orange Chicken and it was amazing!
I’m all about shortcuts when it comes to cooking up for the family especially during the week. I like semi-homemade dishes with few ingredients and 30 mins or less to cook up
Let’s Grill Orange Chicken
- 1.5 lbs of Thin sliced chicken breast
- 1 bottle of Kikkoman Orange Sauce (12.5oz bottle)
- 1tbs Red Crushed Pepper
- 1tsp Ginger Stir Fry seasoning
- 1.5 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1cup of rice
- Start by cooking your rice to your liking (1 cup of rice to 2 cups of water)
- Mix Orange sauce with red crushed pepper, ginger stir fry mix and smoked paprika
- Place chicken on hot grill.
- Before chicken is done glaze on both sides.
- Remove from grill cut into strips and layer over rice.
- I like to cook my rice for a good 30 minutes. Thin chicken breast slices can take 5-8minutes to cook thoroughly.
- TIP: Cut cooking time by making glaze and cooking rice ahead of time. This makes a great dinner family meal .
The sauce is really the star in this recipe. We love adding our own flavors to our dishes. We mixed in the spices to really make this orange sauce sweet with a kick of spicy.
While you could marinate your chicken in the sauce. I found that it works better if you treat it like a BBQ sauce when grilling to prevent burning sauce. Instead, grill your chicken and then add the sauce on both sides when it’s almost done.
Once the sauce gets sticky on both sides, remove from grill.
Allow the chicken to cool then cut into slices or cubes. Layer chicken over rice and serve.