Disclosure: This is a sponsored post as a participant in the Walmart Moms Program.
It’s game time season and we’re cooking up some crispy chicken bites. Are you tired of the same buffalo taste and the same game time recipe ? We are too! We recently fell in love with glazed wings so it was only right to make some glazed crispy chicken bites for game time too! So if your’e into a little kick with a little sweetness and all the juicy tenderness of chicken breast, you’re in for a treat!
Thanks to one of my favorite snapchatters and food bloggers Resha from CarnalDish.com who shared a glazed wing recipe I’ve been hooked on glazed chicken! I was inspired to try over for freshly fried crispy bites too! I’ve made a few changes to the glaze but I’d encourage you to try both recipes! I promise you’ll be hooked on glazed chicken everything in no time!
Ingredients for Sweet + Spicy Crispy Chicken Bites
For the ingredients I headed over to my local Walmart and picked up some special must have items for my Sweet + Spicy Crispy Chicken Bites! I highly recommend Kentucky Kernel seasoned flour because theres no need to add salt or anything else. It gives your chicken a great taste! Find the flour in the baking aisle! Also Check out the spices for the new McCormick Gourmet Sriracha Seasoning!
You will need:
-1.5 cups of cubed chicken breast
-2 cups Kentucky Kernel Seasoned Flour
-2tbs of brown sugar
-1/2 of a limes juice
-1/4 cup of honey
-1/2 tbs of Chili Garlic Sauce
-1/2 tsp of McCormick Sriracha seasoning
-1/8 cup of water mixed with 1tsp cornstarch
-toasted sesame seeds – optional
- -1.5 cups of cubed chicken breast
- -2 cups Kentucky Kernel Seasoned Flour
- -2tbs of brown sugar
- -1/2 of a limes juice
- -1/4 cup of honey
- -1/2 tbs of Chili Garlic Sauce
- -1/2 tsp of McCormick Sriracha seasoning
- -1/8 cup of water mixed with 1tsp cornstarch
- Mix the honey and brown sugar and squeeze in the juice of the lime.
- Add the chili garlic sauce and Sriracha seasoning and mix.
- Add the cornstarch+water already mixed into your glaze.
- Cook at medium high heat in a sauce pan continuously stirring for at least 4 mins or until slow simmer.
- Set aside in a bowl to cool
- Toss in seasoned flour
- And deep fry until well done.
- Remove from heat and place on a paper towel lined bowl
- Add glaze to a bowl and toss a few pieces of chicken at a time.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- -Before dicing your chicken ensure you pat it dry for seasoned flour to stick and ensure a nice crisp when frying!
- -Add as much heat as you'd like. Beware glaze smells funky but it taste amazing!
For the Glaze:
Mix the honey and brown sugar and squeeze in the juice of the lime.
Add the chili garlic sauce and Sriracha seasoning and mix.
Add the cornstarch+water already mixed into your glaze.
Cook at medium high heat in a sauce pan continuously stirring for at least 4 mins or until slow simmer.
Set aside in a bowl to cool
For the crispy chicken bites:
Remove from heat and place on a paper towel lined bowl
Add glaze to a bowl and toss a few pieces of chicken at a time.
Add as much or as little glaze as you’d like over the chicken bites. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve!
What is your favorite Game Time Recipe?
Walmart MVP CONTEST:
Share your favorite Game Time Recipe on Instagram and Twitter using #WalmartMVPContest for a chance to win a trip to LA to visit Youtube Studios and create content with YouTube stars!!! Rules: http://wm13.walmart.com/Cook/
More Delicious Game Time Recipes:
Get inspired with more Game Time Recipes: www.walmart.com/
Also check out the delicious snacks my fellow Walmart Moms created:
Be sure to pin this recipe to your game time recipe board!