This summer I’m keeping the kids busy in the kitchen! They’ve always been very helpful but this time around it was fun to watch them get more hands on.
To start off we made a delicious snack perfect summer recipe for kids with little help from mom and dad. With only 5 ingredients we came up with these delicious Cereal Bars!
Ingredients Yields 9 kid sized cereal bars
-1/2 cup of honey
-3/4 cups of peanut butter
-1 cup of mixed nuts- we used soy nuts and sunflower seeds
-1/2 cup of dried fruit- we love cranberries
-3 cups of cereal- we used Cherrios protein because it has a delicious honey cinnamon taste with extra clusters of goodness!
1. In a pot mix honey and peanut butter. cook on medium heat and stir constantly until all is melted. Let it come to a boil for about 1-2 mins. Be careful not to burn it It will burn fast.
2. Mix cereal with mixed nuts
3. Add honey PB mixture to cereal and nuts and mix
4. Add to a dish lined with parchment paper
5. Sprinkle cranberries and pat down so they stick
6. Refrigerate for at least 30mins
7. Cut into 9 squares and enjoy
Watch the kids in action in this video
Your kids will love getting creative in the kitchen!
The cereal bars came out fantastic!