From behind the camera to typing on a key board, I am a photographer and now blogger. You may know me as Dad, the hubs, or even BlackCameraAction but really I am just MARCUS.
With the wife gone to Miami last week, I decide to come to the front line of blog and go to a few events by myself . On Monday I went to an awesome event by sierra mist and Chef Aaron Sanchez at his restaurant CENTRICO. The restaurant is Located on 211 West Broadway, New York, NY.
There I was able to try Sierra Mist natural as a drink and an ingredient. Aaron Sanchez showed us how to cook with Sierra Mist natural and how much he liked using it because it was made with 100% real sugar and fruit juices. He served us a 4 course meal which included (in order)
- Ceviche Mixto
- Ensalada De Primavera
- Slow Cooked Chipotle Chicken
- Mexican Chocolate Pudding Cake
As he cooked he gave us helpful tips to use while cook:
- Never put garlic in side of guacamole- it takes always from taste and can be overwhelming
- Make guacamole on day u need it- never refrigerate it cause it chills it and dulls the taste
- When making soups or sauces leave lid on top of pot to keep condensation inside. This helps keep from drying out while cooking and to help release ingredient flavors
I learned many things from the chef and was inspired to bring recipes to GUB that combine the Hispanic and Afro-American culture
One of the first recipes I will be sharing is for one of the meals I tried at the Sierra Mist event:
Slow Cooked Chipotle Chicken
What you will need:
2 pounds boneless chicken
1 large onion (thinly sliced)
2 garlic cloves
2 chipotle peppers in adobe (finely chopped)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1- 12oz can sierra mist natural
1- 15oz can diced tomatoes ( with juice)
Flour tortillas (warmed)
Lime, Queso fresco, Lettuce
1. Put chicken on bottom of 6qrt slow cooker and scatter onions, garlic, chipotle peppers and cumin on top of chicken.
2. Pour tomatoes and sierra mist natural on top of chicken and ingredients then cover slow cooker
3. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours
3. To serve, mound the chicken into warm tortillas and top with shredded lettuce and/or Queso fresco
Side dishes optional: Mexican rice and Re-fried beans
Now you too can make and enjoy these recipes with this awesome giveaway
One lucky GUB reader can win Chef Aaron’s latest book “Simple Food, Big Flavor”
To enter leave a comment below telling us:
“What is your favorite meal to share with your family?”
Don’t forget to leave your email so we can contact you if you win!
Additional Entries- Leave a separate comment for each entry
1. Follow us on @rubydw and @blackcamaction
2. Follow us on Facebook
3. Tweet “I just entered a #giveaway to win @chef_aaron book via @rubydw & @blackcamaction at http://bit.ly/J078Xx #comerjuntos”
Giveaway is open to U.S. residents 18 years+ ONLY
giveaway ends April 25, 2012 11:59pm EST
Winner will be chosen at random using random.org
Winner will be emailed!
Disclosure: I was invited to event as press. I was not compensated to attend or to write about the event. Giveaway is provided by company.