Disclosure: This is a sponsored post as a participant in the Walmart Moms Program.
This coming year I want to make more homemade meals. I’m into make ahead meals or sides and the hubs just always makes the most delicious mashed potatoes. I gave him some new Greek Cream Cheese and had him recreate one of our favorites!
We are using the new Greek Cream Cheese recipe because it is made with 4x more protein 1/2 fat of regular cream cheese and contains live and active cultures!!!
Greek Cream Cheese is the first in the industry and by Green Mountain Farm. It was invented by Franklin Foods, and is made in Casa Grande , Arizona and Enosburg Falls, Vermont with milk and cream sourced from local dairy Farmers. Pretty awesome right?
You can find a variety of flavors and packed in blocks and tubs at Walmart in the refrigerated dairy area. It’s not only delicious but so affordable!
Try it in our recipe: Green Onion Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- 6 medium sized boiled potatoes
- 1 block Greek Cream Cheese original flavor
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 3/4 cup milk (can be less)
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 3 tbs of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add butter to a pot with garlic, melt and mash garlic at medium high heat
- Add potatoes a few at a time and bring down to low heat
- Using a masher mash potatoes until soft
- Add Greek Cream Cheese, salt and pepper and mash into potatoes until combined
- Add milk in small splashes and mash until you get a creamy consistency.
- Mash for about 5mins and fold in green onions
- Serve and garnish with additional green onions
I can’t wait to use Greek cream cheese in other recipes like this Greek Cream Cheese like this Greek Salsa Cream Cheese Dip
Pin this recipe for later