Disclosure: This is a sponsored post as a participant in the Walmart Moms Program.
One of my favorite things to do with the kiddos is holiday crafts. This year we made quite a few of our own ornaments including this cute guy! Since the famous Red Nose Reindeer turned 50 this year I thought this would be a great ornament to celebrate the anniversary!
Not only was this craft easy to make but so fun to do as a family project. We’ve considered making a reindeer family or even all of Santa’s famous reindeer. Wouldn’t that make a cute Christmas tree theme?
Make these ornaments for your tree or to giveaway!
Here is a quick video tutorial that shows you how I created our first reindeer!
To make this holiday craft you will need:
- Foam round ornament
- Mod Podge
- Red Pom Poms
- Brown pipe cleaners
- Brown fine glitter
- wiggly eyes
- paint brush
Purchase your craft supplies at Walmart and save! Walmart has affordable craft accessories like red pom poms, brown pipe cleaners, and wiggly eyes in packs for under $2.
How to make a Red Nose Reindeer Ornament
- Brush a thin layer of Mod Podge all over your ornament
- Sprinkle glitter over your ornament
- Go over spots that may need more glitter by brushing more mod podge and sprinkling glitter
- Let your ornament dry for a few minutes
TIP: Using thin coats of Mod Podge helps dry your ornament faster!
- Using glue, add your red pom nose
- and 2 wiggly eyes
- Using pipe cleaner, pull through the top of your ornaments hardware and secure by twisting them in a oval shape.
- You can stop here, or make your reindeer antlers fun by adding more pieced of pipe cleaner
- If you continue to add more oval shapes of pipe cleaners remember to keep twisting to secure them on
- All done and ready to hang or giveaway!
What holiday crafts do you enjoy making with your kids?
Be sure to pin our DIY ornament for later!