With Summer Holidays like 4th of July and Labor Day weekend to look forward, I look to make tasty themed treats for the kiddos. This weeks treat was a trial for our patriotic gathering next weekend. We’ve been on a popsicle kick lately so we made Patriotic Popsicles!
We were just starting out our shopping day at Walmart a few weeks ago when the kids pointed out the berries display Strawberries and blueberries were being restocked! We grabbed some for the week and as we continued shopping we found some affordable popsicle molds! We’ve been making popsicles every week since!
Recipe: Red White and Blue-Berry Paletas
I love how easy these popsicles are to make. We may not have known when picking up the berries that they could make a great red white and blue themed treat but we’re so happy they did!
- 1/4 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup of Welch's White Grape Juice
- Add strawberry slices to your popsicle mold. Be sure to press strawberries up to the mold so they look great when frozen.
- Add blueberries over slices of strawberries. Choose small ones and leave the big ones for the top.
- Add juice to your popsicle mold. Pour slowly to be sure no berries escape when pouring.
- Add a stick between your berries and adjust to help it stay down
- Freeze popsicles at least 8 hours or overnight.
Our Walmart has a great selection of local grown berries as well as organic. Visit your local store to pick up a few baskets!
Have the kids help make these Paletas they’re not only a great way to get them into the kitchen but it keeps them busy even if it’s just for 10 minutes! I promise they’ll enjoy making them as much as they will enjoying them.
Surprise your guest with this cold hydrating treat at your next gathering! They’re not only great for kids but enjoyed by adults too!
Do you call them Paletas or Popsicles?
Be sure to pin our Patriotic Popsicles to your Summer Musts board or Patriotic Party board
Check out more Patriotic themed goodies from my fellow Walmart Moms and also on my Pinterest board too
Fruit Parfaits with Creamy Lime Dip
3 Super Easy Kid-Friendly Fourth of July Food Ideas
Fruit Flag Platter
4th of July Fruit and Dessert Tray
4th of July Mustard Pretzels to cook with kids
Red White and Blue Dessert
Easy Red White and Blue Pasta Salad
Frozen Yogurt Dipped Blueberries
Red White and Blue Pretzel Salad
DIY 4th of July Sno Cones
Red White and Blue Sangria