Summer time in our home mean grilling time! For one of our first summer grilling I wanted to show off to the hubs what I learned about smoking shrimp and veggies with cedar planks on our grill. I knew he’d be surprised how easy and how delicious the planks would make our meals!
Lucky for us our local Walmart had their Steak Over event and had Fresh Steaks and Seafood carts ready for us to choose from.
We opted for the Raw Jumbo Shrimp for our Smoked Shrimp dish!
- 1-Soak your cedar planks at least 20 minutes before grilling
- 2-Never soak wood chips if you decide to use them in your smoker too
- 3-It’s not sanitary or safe to reuse your cedar planks
- 4-Do use your cedar planks multiple times during that grilling day
- 5-Cook veggies before your meats on planks. Cook your seafood on one plank and beef and poultry on other planks The flavors of previous foods will get picked up.
- 6-Make your planks multipurpose, present your food on them for easy cutting and serving!
- 7-The best way to heat your coals is to start them in a coal chimney.
Ingredients ⎸Per 1 pound of shrimp
- -1 tsp smoked paprika
- -1tsp sea salt
- -1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- -1/8 tsp black pepper
- -1tsp chipotle chili pepper
- -about 1tbs of olive oil
- -1 lemon
Be sure to peel and devein shrimp
Combine all the spices in a dish and mix your new seasoning
In a separate dish, drizzle shrimp with olive oil
Fully coat your shrimp with the spice seasoning
Refrigerate until ready to grill or for at least 30mins
- -Bunch of Asparagus
- -Olive Oil about 1tsp
- -Sea Salt to your liking
- -Coarse ground Black pepper to your liking
- -Juice of a lemon
Drizzle asparagus with olive oil Season with salt and pepper.
Place on a cedar plank when ready to grill.
Once your grill reaches 350F degrees, Place shrimp on one plank and asparagus on the other. Leave the grill closed to allow the smoking to take place. Let the shrimp cook for about 10minutes on each side or until fully cooked you will notice when they become completely orange. Asparagus should be cooked to your liking. Remove from the heat and let them rest off to the side on the plank away from direct heat until ready to serve.
Serve on the planks for a great presentation. Squeeze lemon juice over both shrimp and asparagus and serve.
Pin our Smoked Shrimp & Asparagus Recipe for later