Still looking for that easy make and take dessert treat for this weekend’s holiday cook-outs? Check out how easy it is to make this semi-homemade Tres Leches Trifle! I added some berries and arranged them for a patriotic look Red, White, and Blue or in this case Berries!
Let’s make this Berry filled Tres Leches Trifle!
I picked up all my ingredients at my local Walmart. I love that berries are so in season right now and perfect for this cold baked dessert treat! There are three parts to every tres leches cake! The cake, the whipped cream, and the tres leches syrup!
- Boxed cake mix
- ingredients according to boxed cake mix
- 1 can (12fl oz) of Evaporated milk
- 1 can (14 oz) of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup milk
- 3tbs vanilla
- For the whipped cream
- 2 cups of Heavy whipping cream
- 4tbs of sugar
- 2tbs vanilla extract
- 3 cups of Blueberries
- 3cups of strawberries sliced
- Mix and Bake the cake according to the directions on the box. I baked mine at 350F degrees for 8-10mins in a flat jelly roll baking sheet for a thin (1 inch thick)
- Mix all three milks and vanilla together until well combined. Refrigerate after mixing until read to use.
- Mix the heavy whipping cream with the sugar until stiff peaks are formed. This took me a good 2-4 minutes using a hand mixer. Once stiffs are mixed add vanilla and mix in quickly. Don't over mix.
- Layer starting with the cake. Fill the bottom with cake and drench in tres leches syrup.
- Follow with a layer of blueberries topped with whipped cream.
- Another layer of cake drenched in tres leches syrup.
- Followed by whipped cream and a layer of strawberries.
- Fill strawberries layer with cake and remaining tres leches syrup.
- Top with whipped cream and some strawberries and blueberries.
Semi-Homemade makes for easy delicious desserts
I enjoy using boxed cake mix because they’re just easy to get a delicious dessert started! Follow your favorite boxed cake mix directions. I baked my cake in a jelly roll pan for about a 1inch thick cake. It baked super fast in less than 10 minutes at 350F degrees. Once the cake was done I set it aside to allow it to cool.
I love letting my kids help out so making the whipped cream is an easy task they can do.
We first mix in the heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks are formed. Be careful it’s very easy to over mix. Mix one minute at a time to make sure you don’t mess it up. I took us a good 2-4 minutes using a hand mixer to achieve the peaks. Once stiffs are mixed add vanilla and mix in quickly. Like really fast just on off again we don’t want to over mix.
Mix the tres leches
Mix all 3 milks and vanilla extract. We did this by hand. Once it was mixed we refrigerated the syrup until we were ready to use it.
Let’s put it together It’s Tres Leches Trifle time!
Gather ur trifle dish, cake, berries, whipped cream, and tres leches syrup. It’s time to put this bad boy together!
Begin by layering like so:
Cake with tres leches syrup
Blueberries topped with whipped cream.
Another layer of cake drenched in tres leches
Followed by whipped cream and a layer of strawberries (arrange up against the sides)
Fill strawberries layer with cake and remaining tres leches syrup.
Top with whipped cream and some strawberries and blueberries.
And it’s ready to serve!