We are so excited to celebrate Mi Cultura Mexicana for the 2nd time on GUB!
Last year we did some pretty awesome things to celebrate our Mexican roots and of course El Dia de la Independencia (Mexican Independence Day)
This year I wanted to share one of our favorite Mexican agua frescas to kick off the celebration!
I rave about Agua de Platano everytime we visit California because that has been the only place I could get my hands on this yummy beverage. That is until I stumbled upon Mirem Itziar’s Recipe video on Youtube
We decided to make a pitcher earlier this summer and let me tell you it is delicious!
Gracias Mirem por la Receta!
Since her recipe is in spanish I decided to write it our for you guys to enjoy but please head on over and give Mirem’s video a like and comment tell her GrowingUpBlackxican sent you guys over!
- 2 bananas (very ripe)
- 1 cup of sugar (more or less to your liking)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (imitation works)
- 1 small can of evaporated milk
- 2 liters of water
- yellow food coloring (optional)
- Cut banana into pieces and liquify with the evaporated milk vanilla and cinnamon
- Pour mixture into 2 liters of water mix well
- Add sugar and mix well
- Food coloring- This is optional Bananas turn brown after a while the agua fresca will also adding food coloring will preserve the yellow color.
My testers were put to work to try this agua recipe.
From the looks of their smiles and agua de platano mustache i’d say they approve!
Surprise the kiddos with these awesome paletas made from the same agua!
These paletas were so good!
Hope you enjoyed this recipe Let us know if you tried it! Tag us #GUBMiCulturaMexicana